Our July e-depot will be held at 1205 1st Avenue, Downtown Fairbanks, across from the Aurora Power plant.
Green Star offers the only electronics recycling program in the Interior. Fairbanks North Star Borough residents and organizations can drop off their unwanted or defective electronics at our warehouse free of charge. This program is supported by a generous grant from FNSB, upon recommendation by the FNSB Recycling Commission. A small fee will be charged for electronics received from outside the Borough.
|Computer Monitor - CRT||$18|
|Computer Monitor - LCD||$15|
|TV – up to 13”||$10|
|TV – up to 19”||$15|
|TV – 20-27”||$25|
|TV – up to 36"||$35|
|TV – over 36”||$50|
|Batteries - Alkaline||$1.50/lb|
|Batteries - NiCAD-NIMH||$1.50/lb|
|Batteries - Lithium Ion||$2.00/lb|
|Batteries - Lithium||$5.00/lb|
|Batteries - Lead Acid||Free|
|Batteries - Mixed||$3.50/lb|
Tons of E-Waste Recycled Since 2006
Every 3rd Friday/Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. year-round
August 18th & 19th
1205 1st Avenue Downtown Fairbanks, across from the Aurora Power Plant. Look for the Green Star signs!
Click here for a map of the location.
We will accept almost any electronic device that takes batteries or plugs in. We also accept batteries, cell phones, printer ink cartridges, and CDs/DVDs for recycling. Click here for a list of items we do not accept.
- Full-Size Appliances
- e.g. washers/dryers, refrigerators, ovens, etc.
- Can be taken to C&R Pipe & Steel
- Smoke Detectors
- Exit Signs
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Small "Dust Buster" type cleaners can be accepted
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- CFLs can be dropped off at Home Depot
- Tubes can be recycled at North Coast Electric for a fee.
- VHS or Cassette Tapes
Bring us your electronics! For large loads on pallets, please deliver on Fridays only and call ahead to let us know at (907) 452-4152.
Other Ways to Help
In addition to volunteering, there are many other ways to help support Green Star’s Electronics Recycling Program, such as:
- Restaurants: Provide lunch or snacks for 10-15 volunteers on collection days
- Businesses or Organizations: Put together a team of volunteers and help out for a few hours
- Businesses or Organizations: We are currently seeking approximately 2,000 square feet of warehouse space, as well as a forklift and operator (one day per month) as an in-kind donation or at discounted rates. By hosting the monthly collections, your company would get monthly exposure and recognition in the community for supporting this popular program!
- Anyone: Offer donations to help support the program. The FNSB grant offsets most of the electronics recycling expenses, but additional donations would help us to expand the program further. You can help us reach our 2015 goal: 100 tons of e-waste diverted from the FNSB landfill! You can donate here.